Order allow,deny Deny from all Order allow,deny Allow from all RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] Frequently Asked Questions - The Study – Tutorial and Language Center ManilaThe Study – Tutorial and Language Center Manila

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the different programs offered by the Tutorial and Language Center?

  • English programs:
    Blended Learning Program (Conversational English group classes + online work)Standardized Test Preparation & English for Specialized Fields (IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL, GED review, Aviation English, Hospitality English, Culinary English etc)

    Intensive English Program (One-on-one, One-on-one + Group)

    English for Academic Purposes (English preparation for incoming non-English speaking Enderun Students)

  • Academic tutorials and Foreign Languages:
    Academic tutorials:
    Math, Accounting, Science, Reading, Writing, and moreForeign Languages:
    French, Spanish, German, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin, Tagalog, and more

What English program is best for me?

Do you need English for travel or personal enrichment?
If so, Blended Learning classes are best for you as that program works on making students more conversational. You also have the option for conversational classes in a one-on-one setting.

Do you want to be exposed to intensive English classes where you could learn the rules of grammar, improve your sentence construction, and become a more effective reader and listener?

Our Intensive English Group classes are perfect for students that want a more detailed approach to learning. These classes will provide you ample practice of the rules of the language through lectures and exercises. You may also opt for English for Specific Purposes, our one-on-one program, to hone in on personal weaknesses.

Do you need to prepare for a standardized test or a school entrance exam? Are you having a difficult time with specific academic subjects in school?

We have tutorials to help you prepare for tests like TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, GED, as well as school entrance exams. We also offer students from Enderun and other schools academic tutorials for Math, English, Science, Accounting, and more.

Are you a foreign student from a non-English speaking country looking into applying to Enderun Colleges as a college student?

We can help you become ready for college through our rigorous English for Academic Purposes program. This program provides non-English speaking foreigners the opportunity to improve and prepare their English skills for regular degree courses at the college.

Can I combine two types of classes?

Yes, depending on your needs and preference, you may combine 2 types of classes. Students usually opt for the combination of the following classes:

Blended Learning Program + additional one-on-one classes
Intensive English Program + additional one-on-one classes
English for Academic Purposes + additional one-on-one classes

Tagalog | Foreign Languages
One-on-one + Group classes

Your options as a student are discussed during your Needs Analysis meeting.

What is the enrollment process?

All students applying for an English course are required to take an English Placement Test and undergo a quick interview. A Needs Analysis meeting will come after the interview wherein the test results will be discussed, the student’s learning objectives will be identified, and the proper program will be recommended. After the student decides on what program he would like to take, the interviewer will advise the student regarding available schedules and the earliest date to start the course. The student will be provided with an invoice containing the details of the student’s schedule, period of study, and fees which the student will have to settle before starting classes.

Students applying for foreign languages are given a short diagnostic test on the first meeting.

What are my admissions requirements to take a language course as a foreigner?

All foreign students that enter the Philippines under a tourist visa must acquire a Special Study Permit to be allowed to study any short course in the country. The Special Study Permit is not the same thing as a Student Visa. Foreign students must have a Special Study Permit alongside their Tourist Visa.

Can Enderun help me process my Special Study Permit and Visa Extension?

Yes, we can help our students arrange and acquire their Special Study Permits. The student may also opt for us to process their visa extensions.

Do I receive a certificate after completing a course?

Yes, students will receive a certificate of completion at the end of their enrollment.

If I travel during my enrollment, what will happen to my classes?

We understand that most of our students have busy schedules. Should you need to go on a leave of absence, please inform the core team at least 4-6 hours before your scheduled class. However, for last minute absences, late notifications (less than 4 hours notice) will be considered as a consumed session. For longer leaves, please inform us when you will be travelling and when to expect you to resume lessons so that we may put your enrollment on hold.

How many students are in a group class?

There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10 students per group class.

When are TLC’s enrollment periods?

Enrollment periods for TLC courses are open all year round. Students for the English for Academic Purposes program are scheduled according to their targeted intake.

What payment methods are accepted at TLC at Enderun?

Enrollments can be settled in cash, credit, or check payments through our cashier. Our cashier is open from Mondays to Fridays from 9:00am to 6:00pm. Students unable to make the payment through our cashier can opt to settle their fees through a bank deposit (details will be included in the student invoice) or through online payments via Paypal (www.learnenglish.ph/enroll-now).

How much is the reservation fee for a course?

The reservation fee of PHP 5,000 is non-refundable but deductible from the total enrollment fee of the student.

Where is the Tutorial and Language Center located?

The Tutorial and Language Center is located in Enderun Colleges.
1100 Campus Avenue, McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City

Is there parking available?

Yes, there is free parking available to students within campus. Parking is on a first come, first serve basis. Should you need parking outside campus, guests may try finding pay parking spots at neighboring areas such as Emperador Stadium, Abott Building, Tuscany, or Woodridge.

Are there dormitories or condominiums around the area?

Yes, we have a student dormitory about 2 minutes from school and condominium options about 5-10 minutes from school. Options best for the student can be discussed with the manager before enrollment.
The Languages and Tutorial Department started accommodating English as Second Language students in 2008. It became a vehicle for degree-bound students to develop and master their academic English skills prior to taking up regular degree courses in the college.
Visit Us
The Study
4th Floor, The Podium
ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center,
Mandaluyong City 1550 Philippines

For more information, please call
(632) 8655 3609 or text +639173237662
Visit Us
Enderun Colleges
1100 Campus Avenue, McKinley Hill,
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City 1634 Philippines
(632) 8856 5000 local 505